Newark Museum, Ballantine House
Newark, New Jersey
The Ballantine House, a Victorian Mansion at the Newark Museum, was designed by George Edward Harney and completed in 1885.
BCA designed a master plan for the restoration of the Ballantine House, which included a conditions survey, measured drawings, laboratory testing, paint analysis, field mockups, working drawings, and construction monitoring.
During the conditions assessment phase for this project, ineffective drainage system and bitumen coating was observed. BCA specified that the entire slate roof be replaced in kind with a new drainage system.
Materials: Brick, Stone
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Mockups, Monitoring, Research, Specifications, Working Drawings