Old Ship Meeting House
Old Ship Meeting House was erected in 1681. It is the oldest surviving New England meeting house, and the only one of more than 200 built between 1629 and 1700 that still exists. It is listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places, and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1962. BCA prepared a Historic Structure Report for the Old Ship Meeting House in 2007, including a prioritized treatment plan which has served as the basis for the on-going restoration of the building. Projects have included roof replacement, exterior painting, electrical and mechanical upgrades, and reinforcing of the timber frame with custom built steel trusses. BCA also provided assistance in procuring MPPF and SAT grants.
Materials: Finishes, Wood
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Field Testing, Finishes Analysis, HABS, Historic Structure Report, Inspection Services, Lab Testing, Landmarks, Measured Drawings, Research, Specifications, Working Drawings