University of Chicago
The University of Chicago acquired the former Chicago Theological Seminary, a brick and limestone building built in 1923-1926 that is located in the heart of the university's Hyde Park campus. The project renovated the historic building and constructed a new addition to make the Saieh Hall for Economics. As restoration consultant, BCA surveyed the exterior masonry envelope, as well as significant historic interior spaces decorated with limestone and extensive wood paneling. BCA developed drawings and technical specifications for the cleaning and repair of all exterior and interior masonry, as well as the interior architectural woodwork and provided construction administration services to ensure quality control throughout the construction process.
The project has been awarded the 2016 AIA Illinois Frank Lloyd Wright Honor Ward. The project aslo acheived LEED Gold.
Related services: Conditions Surveys, Monitoring, Specifications, Working Drawings