Dutchess, New York
BCA assessed the conditions of the historic ceiling and performed conservation stabilization treatment of the gilded cornice dentils and the decoratively painted major beam soffits within the Dining Room of the Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site. The ceiling was brought from Italy by Stanford White and was installed in 1899. New elements were fabricated by the Herter Brothers and added to the original composition in order to match the size of the new space.
Materials: Finishes, Wood
Related services: Finishes Analysis