66 Allen Street
Location: New York, New York
Year Built: 1886
Original Architect: Paul F. Schoen
Designated as a New York City Historic Landmark in 2012 by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission, 66 Allen Street was part of the structure that was the former Edward Ridley & Son Department Store. The store, built in 1886, was designed in the art deco style by Paul F. Schoen and was once the largest department store in Manhattan's Lower East Side
BCA was the restoration consultant for the exterior restoration of the structure. BCA conducted a hands-on conditions assessment of the historic fabric, made treatment recommendations and prepared construction documents for the restoration scope, including new cast iron at street level and other cast iron elements, brick pointing, and masonry repairs. BCA also performed preservation design review of the new wood windows and wood storefront infill.
Award: Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award