Built in 1915, The Boston University Castle was designed by architects Chapman and Frazer in the Tudor Revival style as a private residence in the Back Bay West Architectural Historic District. In 1939 it was donated to Boston University and recently became the Dahod Family Alumni Center. The large Tudor Revival style castle-like building is clad in sandstone and includes leaded glass windows and a slate roof.
BCA surveyed the building and prepared drawings and specifications for masonry and window restoration, performed paint and mortar analysis, and provided project monitoring for the restoration work. This project involved disassembly and reassembly of historic stone structures, as well as salvage and reuse of original stone in new locations. Windows were painstakingly restored offsite and reinstalled as they originally operated.
Awards: Boston Preservation Alliance Award