Kings County Courthouse was constructed in 1932, and designed by King and Tacktitz of Brooklyn in the Renaissance Revival style.
BCA performed a preliminary assessment of the interior spaces and created preservation levels to ensure that the historic character and material integrity of the interiors is considered during the planning process for rehabilitation of the building. In the design phase, BCA conducted a conditions’ assessment survey of the plaster ceiling, stone clad walls, bronze and brass elements including doors and the stone floor in the first floor public spaces.
BCA analyzed samples removed from the plaster ceiling of the public lobby to determine the original decorative paint scheme for appropriate restoration of this important space. BCA also created construction documents for the restoration project and carried out construction administration tasks related to the restoration scope.