The Mount, Edith Wharton’s classically inspired 113-acre estate and gardens in Lenox, MA, was constructed in 1902 and is a National Historic Landmark. The estate grounds include the Main House, the Stables, the Gatehouse and Greenhouse.
BCA has worked with The Mount from 2012 to the present. During this time, BCA has provided historic preservation and architectural conservation consulting services for several projects, including: The Stable, the Mount Terrace, the Forecourt Walls, and currently the Gatehouse.
BCA conducted building and site element assessments and prepared Treatment Recommendations. BCA prepared Construction Documents and performed Construction Administration for the window restoration at the Stable; for restoration of the marble, cast stone and brick terrace at the Main House; restoration of the brick walls of the Forecourt; and restoration of the stucco façade and wood windows of the Gatehouse.